Compatible region(s): England & Wales Northern Ireland

Licence for an employee to occupy residential accommodation

This is a licence for an employee to occupy property owned by their employer on the basis that it is necessary for the employee to live in the property for the better performance of their duties. If this basis cannot be established then the employee will have a tenancy agreement and not a licence.

If an employer has a lease for the property (usually associated with ownership of flats) or is renting the property from a third party, then it should check if it needs permission from the landlord before granting this licence.

If the employee will have others living with them in the property (such as their family) then employers in England should check whether those individuals have a legal right to live (known as 'the right to rent') in the UK, before allowing them to live in the property.

This document is suitable for use in England, Wales and Northern Ireland only.

Document service

Price: £69.99
  • Draft your document instantly by answering a series of easy-to-answer questions
  • Helpful explanation and guidance notes
  • Store, manage, track and print your document online

Included in this service:

Licence for an employee to occupy residential accommodation (Guidance Notes)
© 2020 Epoq Group Limited.