Small-scale building contract
This document is a contract for a contractor to carry out small-scale building work to a residential property. It is intended for use by the owner of the property or the contractor. It should only be used where the owner lives in (or intends to live in) the property as a residence. It is not suitable for:
- construction of a new house or flat
- construction where the services of an architect or engineer are being used
- building work done in the course or furtherance of a business or to a building used for commercial purposes
- property occupied by tenants or licensees
- properties owned by businesses or by more than 4 individuals
This contract is suitable for use in the UK only.