Compatible region(s): Scotland

Statutory declaration for change of name of a minor (Scotland)

In Scotland, if you need to change your child's name, you'd normally do so by applying direct to the National Records of Scotland for the name to be changed on the birth certificate. This statutory declaration isn't necessary for that process, but it can give you extra documentary evidence of the name change. This might be helpful when telling schools, GPs and other institutions.

Alternatively, this document is useful if you don't want to change the birth certificate, or haven't yet done it and need evidence in the meantime.

To use this document:
  • The child must be under 16
  • Everyone with parental responsibilities and rights for the child must agree to the name change
  • It must be signed in the presence of a Notary Public

Document service

Price: £19.99
  • Draft your document instantly by answering a series of easy-to-answer questions
  • Helpful explanation and guidance notes
  • Store, manage, track and print your document online

Included in this service:

Statutory declaration of name change for a child (Scotland) (Guidance Notes)
© 2020 Epoq Group Limited.